Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Very crispy triple chocolate chip cookies

Cookie time!

The real one. Not those you get from those websites you have been visiting. I wonder if I leave you some virtual cookies too. Do not fret then, as in our house, cookies or what is generally known in Malaysia as biscuits - has to be ever present in the pantry. Earlier in the month, I heard one yang lady screaming, "BISCUITS" every now and then. I asked her mum, what was going on. We run out of cookies & biscuits in whatever form. Ops. Since we were having visitors, I put out the cookies & biscuits in the open. Digital eat them all. Chocolate chips and all the sugars. For cookies to survive around Digital, they have to be hidden, and rationed. He is the real living cookie monster!

So when we were back at our family home, for the wedding, and have a couple of extra days to be lolling about we made heaps of chocolate chip and oat cookies with whatever ingredients we already had. Nothing magic really as my sister run a bakery, from home. But we did not have brown sugar so we just used powdered sugar (from granulated sugar). I was the one who put together the mix ... and am too hard headed to open a recipe note, had put it all from the way I always make cookies. By how I think a cookie mix is made, by eyeballing them with eyes and hands. Err but with a real baker hovering around I used bowls and cups though. So here we go.


Very crispy triple chocolate chip cookies

2 cups butter/margarine
3 cups powdered sugar
4 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder (3/4 cup for more chocolaty taste)
5 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup instant breakfast cereal mix (corn,wheat, oat, milk,sugar) - totally optional
2 cups almond bits
1/2 cup chocolate rice (optional - we were just using our stock)
1 cup chocolate chips

(1) Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla extract, mix well.
(2) Sift  flour and baking powder together. Add the flour mix to butter and sugar mix. Fold gently. I used wooden spoon.
(3) Add oats, breakfast cereal and almond bits, fold.
(4) and last, add the chocolate rice and chocolate chips. Fold up and down. I used my hands at this stage as the mix can be handled with hand, and not the consistency that needed to be piped.
(5) Shape the cookie, any shape, any size. Ours was two marbles size, then we flattened them, also with just our fingers.
(6) Bake in 180 Celsius for 12 minutes. Yield 100s of cookies. About three big cookie jars.
(7) Enjoy.

The cookies are for the to three families. My nieces - the two twins 3 YO screamers. My three nephews, 2 YO, 5 YO and 8 YO; and one cookie jar for Digital. It has been 10 days, and we still got half a jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment